To be a Bogan is about identity, not behaviour.
- Bogans do exist.
- Bogans are everywhere: Usually inhabit the ‘Bogan Belt’ surrounding cities, suburbs, country towns….never beach front.
- Bogans are not losers.
- Bogans are not bludgers: Bogans work hard and most left school early, got a trade under their belt and have paid tax ever since (see fact #3)
- Bogans don’t really care what society thinks of them.
- Bogans like to have fun.
- Bogans are direct: You always know where you stand with a Bogan.
- Bogans are not slaves to fashion: Bogans do not pander to the likes of current trends, though there is a trend for the burnout crew getting their motors blown.
- Bogans do not like authority: This is probably a mark of a true Aussie and stems from the convict days.
- Bogan Clothing includes, but is not limited to…tight black jeans, mullet, goatie, long beard, flanno, black desert boots.
- Bogans love Australia: proud to be an Aussie.
- Bogans love V8s, Holden or Ford, sometimes Valiant.
- Bogans love tattoos.
- Bogans love motorsport.
- Bogans love their music hard and loud: AC/DC, Rose Tattoo, Screaming Jets etc.
- Bogans love a drink: Beer, Jack Daniels, Jim Beam…no poofter drinks.
- Bogans are unsophisticated: Let’s keep it simple and forget the bullshit.
- Bogans are tuff on land, but pretty useless down the beach.
- Bogans don’t start fights: Though they always stand up for what they believe in.
- Bogans are fiercely loyal: If they like something, they stick with it.
- Bogans are generous: Most will donate to charities, help a stanger on the side of the road, or stick up for someone being harrassed….help a mate or a stranger.
- ‘Kath n Kim’ do not belong in the Bogan Basket: It’s a parody of consumer society, not Bogans.
- Bogans are an unvocal majority.
- Bogaphobic talk mirrors racist prejudice.
- Bogans need to take ownership of the word ‘Bogan’, as did queers and nerds.
- Bogans are here to stay: Get over it Bogaphobics, your days are numbered not ours.
Bogans are a convenient way for Bogaphobics to uphold a false sense of being cultured.
- Bogans are hard to define: There’s degrees of Bogan. The Bogaphobics throw around their opinions based on little or no knowledge, confusing the identity with white trash etc. Websites such as ‘Things Bogans Like‘ completely miss the mark.
- Bogans are sexist: Bogans love chicks, Bogan chicks love Bogans.
- Bogans are dumb, and small minded: how do you measure dumb ? Can you rebuild a motor and/or appreciate Angus and Malcom’s guitar sense.
- Bogans are Yobbos: To be a Bogan is about identity, To be a Yobbo is about behavior, anyone can be a Yobbo (with enuff drinks in em)
- Bogans are racist: They are very tolerant of anyone who gives them no grief or bullshit
- Bogans cause trouble: The truth is, most Bogans get along much better with each other than other sub-cultures, they are thick skinned and laid back, good fun and good company. Bogans respect those who earn it or deserve it.
- Bogans are untrustworthy: Their loyalty and sense of justice always ensures that a Bogan will be honest by default.
- Bogans are out of touch: Bullshit, they know what’s real and what’s phoney, they can spot a bullshit artist a mile away. Passing fads don’t interest them, but they still remain aware of their surroundings.
- Bogans are embarrassing to Australia: Are you kidding…EVERY one who calls themselves Australian has Bogan in their blood. True Bogans are the backbone of our identity. To snub Australia’s Bogan pedigree is to snub being an Aussie!
Fucking Agreed Legend cheers MadBogan ?
im a true bogan
I am proud to be a true bogan too! ?